Re: [TenTec] Paragon II Memory Back-up

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon II Memory Back-up
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 14:05:52 -0500
Then what?  The battery dies, the memory locations and data contained
there-in is lost and the unit returns to factory ROM settings as though a
master reset has been done.  My Paragon II is about 10 years old and has the
original battery.

If you are concerned, replace the battery. Of  course, when you remove the
battery the current data will be lost.  So either way, you're gonna loose
data.  This is no different than any other device using a microprocessor
with battery RAM data back-up technique.

73
Bob, K4TAX