Re: [TenTec] Roofing Filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Roofing Filters
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:02:15 -0400
Hi Sam,

There are quite a few folks who have installed the Inrad roofing
filter in an Omni 6 Plus. K1FK came out with some changes for the
installation of that filter that I think sure makes it's operation
better. I have two Omni 6 Plus rigs and the 600 hz roofing filter
installed in both of them. In the south part of Georgia, where I
live, the summer QRN is typically at least 20dB over almost all of
the time. One thing you quickly notice is that this 20dB over QRN is
reduced to about S-7 to S-9 when the roofing filter is switched in.
The QRN level is reduced but the signal you are listening to, is not.
I personally think it is a great improvement to an already very good receiver.

All of the patinate technical data on these four-pole roofing filters
is on the Inrad web site.

Tommy - W4BQF