Re: [TenTec] How to Hear the Weak Ones,

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] How to Hear the Weak Ones,
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:43:25 -0500
Hi Wayne!
I read your email with interest.
I too have issues with noise levels in my neighborhood. Some I have
seeked out and destroy (smile) some I have yet to conquer.
May I point you and possibly others to Timewave. They appear to have a
very effective method by simply phasing out the noise by using a
external antenna. The unit is placed in series with your antenna (radio)
and the unit uses a external antenna (either supplied or external).
I do not recall the model number but a simple google will solve that.
I think MFJ makes one equivelant to that.
I have used it during field day and found it to be remarkable.
When I have enough pennies, I plan to get one.
But first, I have that TT disease that causes addiction to Ten Tec
radios. I am looking for a Omni V or Paragon (and also wud like to have
the Delta, Orion, etc etc) smile

Ron wb1hga

Duane A Calvin wrote:
> For a little different point of view . . .

"snip"

  These days my problem has become one of hearing