Re: [TenTec] Orion Hardware NB bug from N6BV

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Hardware NB bug from N6BV
From: "ROBERT CARROLL" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:26:09 -0500
Bill-

This is just a guess, but I have noticed in a number of situations the NR,
the NB, the AGC etc show settings on the display that do not correspond to
reality.  Pushing the button a time or two again brings things back into
sync for me.  I particularly notice this when on occasion I change the AGC
selection from the current setting medium, slow, or fast to another setting.
I am often greeted by a "blasting" noise which from decades of experience I
recognize as the sound of a receiver in overload with the AGC off.  Cycling
the setting once or twice brings back the proper operation.  At least a
reset, recall, or power cycle is not required.  I have the feeling that this
"feature" came with the latest firmware as I had never experienced it prior
to the firmware change.  However, the new firmware has cured so many things
for me that previously required a reboot that I hardly notice the bugs.
Maybe this will disappear when we get the new version.

Bob W2WG