[TenTec] Look what ORION 2 did

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Look what ORION 2 did
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 12:19:21 -0500
60% of new price for a just out of production radio is "fair value" in
my opinion.  If it were still in production a like new example would go
for about 70-75% of value.  What we advertise them for and what they
sell for may well be two different values.  I was lucky enough to find
two Alpha 87A's within the past year for 60% of new; one just before and
the other just after the end of life announcement by Alpha.  I think
both buyer and seller were happy campers.

At 60% of new, an Orion is a very good value.  If you bought yours as an
investment I am sorry, but like most equities you have to sit on it for
a very long time to see an increase in value.  You did get to use the
spectacular receiver for the time you owned it.  That should be good for
something.  If you want to make money invest in something more
substantial, buy real estate in a rising market or blue chips and plan
on holding em for a long time. An Orion is a consumable, not an investment.

I will not sell my Orion.....it works too well for me.  I will  buy
another Orion for 60% of new in a heartbeat if it is in excellent
condition and I can test drive it before purchase consumation.  Any
offers?  I'm color blind so the O II holds no fascination for me. Happy
Thanksgiving all.  73 bob de w9ge