Re: [TenTec] Look what ORION 2 did

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Look what ORION 2 did
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 14:14:16 -0600
> At 60% of new, an Orion is a very good value.  If you bought
> yours as an investment

I think PT Barnum had something to say about anyone who considers modern
radio equipment an "investment", or even expects it to hold it's value.
It's a depreciable asset, no more no less, with a rapid depreciation rate.

I suppose if you want to "invest" in radio gear, it might be wise to start
searching for a ham radio widow who has a KW-1 in the basement you can pick
up for the cost of a days use of a rental van and a six-pack for your
helpers :-)

Grant/NQ5T