Re: [TenTec] Station and AC Ground

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Station and AC Ground
From: "JAMES BRASSELL" <jimbrass@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:51:01 -0500
Thanks for the comments.  My comment to Martin about a direct strike is,
'Forget it'.  In the case of a direct strike, there is no system that will
absorb it.  You can mitigate the damage, but you cannot prevent it.  That's
from experience where I had a direct strike on the tower that turned
antennas to molten aluminum and fried everything in the shack and the house
in general.  By the way, take a look at Martin's web site and what he has
done.  Pretty impressive.  Thanks, again.

Jim, K4ZMV