Re: [TenTec] RS-232 Control codes for PARAGON

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RS-232 Control codes for PARAGON
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 06:38:08 -0500
Yes, I use computer control of my 585 Paragon all the time using a program I
wrote based on some of the original Ten Tec program concepts. My logging
program (HyperLog) also interfaces with the Paragon to retrieve
band/mode/frequency information. The command language was not widely
supported, though, which is one reason for the Paragon II change to an Icom
control scheme. I know the Omni V and the Paragon were similar in many ways,
but I don't know anything about the Omni V control commands. If they are
similar to the Paragon, my program might be easily modified to run the Omni.

=Vic=
WA4THR