Re: [TenTec] ORION_ANTENNA_SWITCHING

To: <gsm@mendelson.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION_ANTENNA_SWITCHING
From: "George K" <w2yj@highstream.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:45:50 -0500
Geoffrey;
You are almost correct. I like to use "ant-1" for my 160-30 meter operation
at 100 watts that uses a MFJ-993 automatic 300 watt tuner to a MFJ-1704 4
port coax switch. If I want to make more smoke on these bands I switch the
Orion to ANT-2 where that line runs to the amp then to a manual Dentron
MT-3000A tuner. This way I have the 100 watt or 1000 watt options.
All I want to do is replace the Dentron tuner with the LDG-1000 but the LDG
only has one output where the Dentron has 4.
I am still looking at various options but for now it a hand controlled 2
port coax switch at the output of the LDG!!!
I had wanted the Orion to control a old AM Dow-Key coax switch on the output
of the LDG but ran into trouble when I found out that it hung up by the
Orion. This coax switch would direct the LDG to either my beam or the one of
the wire antennas hanging off the MFJ 4 port coax switch.
I'm just lazy I guess but I thought the Orion would have been ore flexible
that it turned out to be in the "band data" respect and it's operation.
Thanks.
George