Re: [TenTec] UPS

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] UPS
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:20:00 -0500
Jim W0CML wrote:

>  I now ship all by priority mail or FEDEX... When I send any of my
>  TEN TEC rigs for service I request it be shipped by FEDEX.. The
>  fedex delivery trucks are owned by the driver and they are motivated
>  to avoid damage.. Not handled by teamsters... as with the Brown
>  trucks..

I have been using  FedEx Ground for a variety of reasons (cheaper,
closer) for all my eBay transactions (~150) and except for one occasion,
have had good luck with them. The one time I had to file a claim was
when I sent my son a microwave oven and it arrived smashed up. I called
to file a claim, they were very friendly and said they would send a
claim form out immediately. Well, after two weeks, it still hadn't
arrived so I called again---very friendly, apologetic, etc and said they
would send another claim form. Well, that was three months ago and it
*still* hasn't arrived. In my AT&T days, both at 195 Broadway and
Basking Ridge, the AT&T  (self-explanatory) term for this type of
behavior was "Grin F***ing".

Bottom line--I still prefer FedEx, but they all seem lousy when it comes
to claims...

Carter K8VT