Re: [TenTec] Argo 509 receive problem

To: gsm@mendelson.com,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo 509 receive problem
From: Ed - K9EW <k9ew57@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:29:58 -0600
 It's almost as if the T/R relay is dirty, but it doesn't have one.

Hi Geoff,

Some of the very early 509's DID have a T/R relay, and that was my first
thought when I read your description of the problem.

If you have the solid state version in your rig, I'd suggest checking the
voltages on the board with the T/R diodes to make sure they're turning
on/off properly.  You'll have to catch it in the 'bad' state to see if the
voltages are off.  A weak transistor not pulling all the way up or down
would be enough to put the T/R diodes in the wrong state.  A leaky cap could
give you the same problem.

Keep us posted on your troubleshooting, and maybe something you find will
click with someone.

73,
ed - k9ew