Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 706 Microphone

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 706 Microphone
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 14:14:02 -0600
Don't take the foam off.  It serves as a filter to reduce the effect of
popped P's and huffed H's.  Plus it protects the element from moisture
accumulation due to condensation from the warm moist laden breath.

No problem with RF here on either the desk mike or the hand mike.  I do used
a carefully balanced feed for the antennas.  All baluns are 1:1 current
types.

73
Bob, K4TAX