Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 706 Microphone

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 706 Microphone
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 05:34:39 -0800 (PST)
Well every mic has a different output--that's what the mic gain
pot is for. My hand mic runs about  10 o'clock. I built a mic
using a d-104 case and a electrat element form a junk  telephone
and the output was so high with the gain set to minimum I was
flat topping and had to add a attenuator in the base. I'm going a
different way though as the quality of the element is very poor
according to my friends.
Now for the question of the day. Many of you are referring to
V1.08. Mine has 1.07 and the web site says that 1.07 is the
current version. Can anyone explain. Are the recent ones coming
with 1.08 but it not released to the web site?
Jim K4CGY