Re: [TenTec] using the D-104 on the jupiter or triton IV

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] using the D-104 on the jupiter or triton IV
From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm@mendelson.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 04:51:59 +0200
On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 07:18:53PM -0600, Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX wrote:

> The G stand with the amp in the base is the better solution.  Be careful and
> not get the gain too high on the amp in the base thus overdriving the input
> stage of the radio.  No amount of mike gain reduction on the radio will
> correct the problem as the mike gain is after the first stage of
> amplification.

I had good luck with a TS-520se and an unamplified D-104 using an impedance
converter from one of Doug DeMaw's (W1FB) books. It was a simple FET and
a few other components. Mine was in a little box, but it could have been
just as easily built into the empty base.

I can't be more specific of the circuit, when I moved to Israel in in 1996,
2 boxes of books from about 60, were "lost". One was all my teach yourself
Hebrew tapes and books, and the other was almost all of my radio books.

73,

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838