Re: [TenTec] Headphone alarmists

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Headphone alarmists
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <n4nt_m_o_hyder@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:24:27 -0500
Operators are not deaf from using TDE headphones for years, those are fresh
on the market.  Folks have talked about Sony, Heil and every other brand
imaginable on this reflector and NOBODY has ever suggested that we'll all go
deaf from them.  Someone mentions these little things and the whole alarmist
community swings into full alert mode because we're all going to go deaf
from using $9.99 headphones from CVS.

Now think for a minute...  If we use noise cancelling headphones, then we
can run our audio signal gain into the headphones at a lower level than if
it had to overcome more ambient noise.  Thus these TDE headphones will
preserve hearing.  Problem now is that all the whackos will have them off
the market because CVS won't want to endure the hand-wringing whiners.  If
you want a pair, you'd better get a-crackin' to beat those whackos.

In the meantime, all you alarmist types need to get more dogs to walk or
something.

73, Mike N4NT