Re: [TenTec] Orion II Curiosity

To: k3ndm@arrl.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Curiosity
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:45:22 -0600
Barry,
        It might help if you give more details on the meter, where it is
placed and whether you have any SWR which might be reading differently on
the Orion than on the TS-50.  If you have a dummy load, have you tried
driving it into that?  Also, is your red ALC LED flashing on peaks like
it should?  Finally, an indication of where the Orion's power meter runs.

        Driving my Orion into a dummy load, my PowerMaster digital meter
shows voice peaks at ~95W, and if I whistle, it reads 103-106W.  ALC LED
flashing on voice peaks, power meter reads 100 (does not follow voice
peaks, one of the weaker items in the Orion design.)  Hope this helps a
little.

        73,  Duane