Re: [TenTec] 2.028 is out - error message

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2.028 is out - error message
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:37:56 -0500
Don,  I bought an Argo V last month and is it a really good rig on cw and
psk.  I use a Rascal Interface and use that for computer digital modes.  The
Argo V has excellent receive audio and is not far behind the Orion in that
respect.

The only problem is the transmit SSb audio is not very good.  I have tried
several mikes without much luck, and would like to see some improvement in
this area.  The audio is very thin and has no presence at all.  The bass is
totally gone with not much mid-range either, mostly highs in the audio.

If anyone knows something that can be done to improve the audio,  I would
like to get that information please. I am using 1.08 and I assume the
hardware mod was done as I bought the rig new last month.

Toby  W4CAK