[TenTec] Zerobeat & Radio Features - was O2 vs Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Zerobeat & Radio Features - was O2 vs Orion
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:55:42 -0500
Quite true, the ear is powerful.  But I'd like to see a zero beat
display - e.g., Lissajous plot of signal vs SPOT or even better, a
Fourier transform view that shows phase & freq centered on 0 Hz.  Why
not have an auto zerobeat function? It's just a software problem. ;-)

With a little bit more work, you can have an SSB AFC so you don't have
to fiddle with RIT on nets.  There are a lot of other useful features
still to be invented or implemented!

(Insert remark about open source community developed software being
the way to get crazy new features developed quickly.)

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net