Re: [TenTec] Editing

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Editing
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:37:14 -0800
BINGO: tom has said it all !

(EDIT EDIT EDIT)

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]
On Behalf Of CATFISHTWO@aol.com

Bottom line is any antenna is better than no antenna at all  :)

tom N6AJR
- - -

REPLY:  A doublet fed with any kind of openwire, matched with any kind of
matchbox gives good enough results to make great contacts on ALL bands with
a very low profile antenna.

We can optimize the radiator (higher/longer), we can optimize the openwire,
we can optimize the matchbox and we can tune the matchbox remotely or
locally, depending on the amount of time, money and effort we wish to
invest, but the bottom line is, this combo gets us on the air on all bands
in a hurry and it is 100 dB stronger than no antenna at all.

73
Rick
DJ0IP