[TenTec] Is my Titan 425 broken?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Is my Titan 425 broken?
From: BILL STRAW <wb0o@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:20:37 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,
  My station is simple, an Icom 746 PRO and a Titan 425. This
has worked fine for a year or so. No ALC or QSK hookup between
the linear and amp, just using the basic go to ground during
xmit jack on the PRO.
  Yesterday, after using it for 2 hours or so, there was
suddenly a 40db attenuation effect on the receiver. When I
switched the Titan from OPR back to SBY the attenuation
resolved, and happened every time I switched back to OPR.
I put it in OPR and was able to work stations with full output
on the linear, the VOX keyed the linear just fine, the rcvr
was just attenuated 40db. I worked a few weak stations by
listening with the amp in SBY and flipping it to OPR for the
high power transmit.
   When I turned the radio on this morning everything was back
to normal. What is going on? A stuck relay someplace?

73/Thanks for your time,

Bill, KO7AA in Tucson, AZ