Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem - Solved

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem - Solved
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:42:20 EST
I've never used a home-brew supply but I have run an Astron RS-35M with a
Corsair II and an OMNI V using an Airpax 18 amp instant on the Corsair II and
an
 Airpax 20 amp fast break on the OMNI V. I have had the same supply for 15
years  never a problem.
Before I went Ten Tec I used the same supply with Kenwoods.
The Ten Tecs have been happy for about 8 years on the Astron.
The Ten Tecs have original finals and drivers.
I have never had to go into them with my irons to repair a PA  problem.
I think that the Ten Tec supplies are great that is why I told the other
fellow to get one and if he can't to junk the supply he has and get an Astron
with the breakers.
If you were to call TT and speak to Scott you will find that the TT  supplies
use the same type of breakers as the Airpax.
In fact the #1140 Circuit Breaker that TT says to use in their manuals is
the on off switch in the power supplies they sell.
Ten Tec no longer have the 1140 breakers so they say to use the Airpax  if
you go mobile or use another supply other than TT.
No breaker will protect 100% if the supply goes south or is out of
regulation.
My car seatbelts are not guaranteed not to malfunction but  I would not drive
without them especially if I built the car.
Dan/N4VET