Re: [TenTec] Help with Orion I

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with Orion I
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:47:12 -0600
First, if a Master reset isn't clearing up the problem, do a RAM CLEAR reset
-- hold in the VFOB LCK key when you turn it on, and wait for the "battery
failure" message to appear on the screen.

Second, what firmware version is in the radio?  Although there are some who
seem to prefer to stay on earlier versions of firmware for one reason or
another, you should update to 1.372.

And no, do not use a mono plug on your headphones.  The Orion II ships with
a sticker over the headphone jack as a reminder of this fact.  What you're
describing sounds more like you need to do the RAM CLEAR reset to get
everything cleanly initialized.

Grant/NQ5T