[TenTec] Orion II Reviews?

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II Reviews?
From: "David Hammond" <dhhdeh@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:15:05 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Well, I sit here contemplating the purchase of a
new radio this Spring and have narrowed my choices
down to the Pro III (anticipating no new
replacement from ICOM for it) or possibly the
Orion II.

What I find curious is that there continues to be
PLENTY of user feedback and commentary on the Pro
III on all the standard ham web sites of late even
2 years after its re-incarnation, while the Orion
II has had little if any comment of late from
users on Eham, Yahoo-Orion and this reflector.

What gives?  Three reviews total on E-ham and none
since late December?  Everyone can't possibly be
too busy using it all the time to write some
comment     ;-)

To those of you using the Orion II,  how about
some more comment on your impressions of how it
plays,  if the software bugs of the original seem
under control on the II and the
versatility/appearance of the color display or
anything else about which you'd like to comment.

Also curious to me is the lack of updating of the
Orion II web page on the TT site to include more
detail on screen versions and more photos of the
new radio inside and out. References to updates
appearing at some point in the future are getting
stale. IMO TT needs to pay a bit more attention to
presenting its flagship transceiver.

Feeling better already....

Best 73 de N1LQ-Dave

Still using my Omni V.9 after all these years.