Re: [TenTec] 238 tuner + 600 ohm open wire

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 238 tuner + 600 ohm open wire
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 07:29:46 -0800
Lloyd, was that a typo or do you really have the "rig" connected to ANT #4?
If so, that's wrong.
Connect the rig to the TX connector and then I would not use the internal
balun, but rather build an external balun out of RG-213 (as described here
many times in the past) and then connect it to any of the 4 ANT outputs.

73
Rick