Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V
From: <k7gt@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 9:13:54 -0800
Kirk,

I have an Argonaut V with the TCXO and aux fan which I could part with. I
have $675 in it. It is immaculate. Comes with original connectors and manual.
 I am not interested in trading for the Corsair. I had one but
couldn't stand the sidetone...!! Great otherwise, of course. Great QSK.

No, 20W isn't QRP but a more reasonable way to run low power and still
get contacts. You will be a full S unit above the QRP gang, but you knew that.
I do have some QRP radios (Elecraft KX1) but only use them for backpack
portable. I got the Argonaut V to chase down a local electrical noise, but since
then the noise has disappeared (thank goodness) and I picked up the KX1 which I
could use to chase it if it returns.

If you find an Argo V somewhere else, I am sure you will enjoy the little rig.
It
is worlds better than the Scout.

73  Allan  K7GT

73  Allan K7GT