Re: [TenTec] Orion II RTTY Problem (Fixed) - Orion users with V2upgrade

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II RTTY Problem (Fixed) - Orion users with V2upgrade should heed!!
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:35:16 -0600
Oops, sorry I shot that blank a few minutes ago.  Hit send too quickly!!  I
am noting the same problem with my Orion and the V2 upgrade.  I was happily
using LSB, 550 hz bandwidth and +1950 PBT with version 1.7xx, but that
sounds too "tight" and "pinched" to work with the upgrade.  I can't get my
MicroKeyer and MMTTY to work right now, for an unconnected reason to the
upgrade (unless the aux audio out is just too low to hear at all), so am in
the process of hooking up the Hal ST-6000 and old 386 so I can see if I am
right.  From the sound, there is NO way RTTY would decode at the old
settings.  By the way, I could use about the same settings on FSK too with
the earlier version.  I'll post back more later.
73,
Don, WB5HAK