[TenTec] UPS Crushing Machine

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] UPS Crushing Machine
From: "RM" <royalct@inr.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:33:15 -0500
Just receive my Orion II from UPS.  Took the early afternoon off to 'be
there' at delivery.

My heart nearly stopped when I got the box inside and notice a 'triangular'
punch through on the side of the box.    As I opened the box, my heart
skipped several beats as I notice that the display was in line of the
punched through.

Long story short, the punched through did not cause any damager to the
radio.  I would suggest that TenTec might consider putting better protection
to the front panel.

Attached the power, antenna, switch antenna from the Icom 775 to the Orion
II, turned it on; much better reception of 3Y0X on 15 mtr than the 775.
The sweep display works much better than on my Orion I; love the color
display...

Ron, NU1U