Re: [TenTec] Loss of Audio in 2054

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Loss of Audio in 2054
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:44:38 -0500
I found the RX EQ functioned very well in 1.xxx version,  in fact, now that
you have brought it up,  the new 2054 RX  EQ seems to be acting like a
volume control as it is turned from +20 to -20,  instead of acting like a
tone control it seems to act like a volume control.

Alan, I am not quite clear about having twice the DSP filtering.  Exactly
how is this accomplished?  If in 1.xxx versions we had both an AF Gain and
an IF AGC,  and this resulted in better leveling of the overall audio,  what
is happening now to produce twice the DSP filtering which results in
significant loss of audio below 200hz. Also, is this really desirable in
order to gain a very slight reduction in noise?

However,  I really appreciate you sharing what might be considered
confidentional information so that we might grasp exactly what is going on.

Toby  W4CAK