Re: [TenTec] For Sale : Orion #762 600Hz Roofing Filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] For Sale : Orion #762 600Hz Roofing Filter
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:44:58 EST
Check out _http://users.vnet.net/btippett/inrad_.htm_
(http://users.vnet.net/btippett/inrad_.htm)    Bob Sherwood had an article
about it too but I can't
find it right now.

Lower insertion loss than your 500hz and when your 500hz kicks in there is
additional amplification that degrades the IMD.

Using the low insertion loss INRAD in the 1Khz position gives you the best
of both worlds.  Narrow roof, low insertion loss and no degradation in the  IMD
because the extra pre amp doesn't come on

I noticed a big difference and sold my Orion 500hz filter after I installed
the INRAD.

K4ia  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA