Re: [TenTec] QST AD

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] QST AD
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:15:05 -0800
Publications have been very wary not to give negative reviews not just
because of jeopardizing advertising revenues, but because of the threat of
lawsuits.  The defining case came several years ago when a big hi-fi stereo
magazine did an extremely negative review on a set of Bose speakers.  Bose
successfully sued under a business defamation cause of action which left a
'chilling effect' on the consumer technical review business.  Reviewers have
had to reign in their negative opinions unless fully supported by documented
facts that can be easily explained to a jury.

At the end of the day, I'm sure it's more a matter of ad revenue for QST.
Rule #1 in the advertising business: Don't piss off the client!

Ron
N6AHA