Re: [TenTec] tuner battle?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] tuner battle?
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:06:47 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2006 6:57:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
listacct@longwire.com writes:

I have  been trying to think this through, but I give up...

Would someone who  has "real" antenna tuners ever have a use for a
built-in  autotuner?

I am picturing disastrous results as the two "fight each  other..."
(I assume this is why they are optional.)

--
Larry  N8KU

w w w . l o n g w i r e . c o m
100% CW     100%  HF

I have both, usually use the autotune but sometimes I get a weird going and
want to run this rig on that antenna and this rig has no tuner, like the scout
 on the 40/80/160 wire, I would use the tuner and put it on 20 m.  layer I
bought a seperat Z11 for the scout. but I still have a couple of MFJ  tuners
and a tentec 300 watt tuner and a dentron 2000 a.  ya just  never know when you
need to tune a wire..