Re: [TenTec] back from the future - Orion I

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] back from the future - Orion I
From: "Mary Ann Higgins" <mahiggins@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:17:45 -0500
Bob interesting about RF AF AND MON SETTINGS.  I KEEP MY MON @ 20 WITH
MIC@40 WITH HEIL  5 ELEMENT. SP@3-7 WITH NO DISTORTION ON SEPERATE
REC AND DURING QSO-- I WAS AFFRAID OF  GARBAGE-- BUT SOUND WAS FB.
SEND PEGS METER.  NR IS BY FAR THE BEST I'VE EVER USED --756PRO&PR02,
870S & 2000S. I LIKE BEING ABLE TO ADJUST DEPTH - I ONLY OPERATE SSB &
ALL OR NOTHING NEVER WORKED FOR ME. REC NOW QUIET AS A CHURCH MOUSE --
MUCH BETTER--   BOB I'M WONDERING IF YOU TRIED ADJ CONTRAST?  I SET
MINE @ 35 &THOUGHT I GOT A NEW DISPLAY!!  WELL I'M NOW OFF TO PLAY
WITH SETTINGS
YOU TALKED ABOUT.  TNX RAY W1JUS
 P.S. GLAD I DON'T NEED "CLEARSPEECH' ANYMORE!