Re: [TenTec] LDG Tuner in Orion II?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LDG Tuner in Orion II?
From: "George K" <w2yj@highstream.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:50:30 -0500
I was told by LDG that their O2 internal tuner would not handle my 350 foot
center fed with 450 ladder line. My O2's internal tuner also has a tuff time
on the low end of 80.
I use various antennas, for 160, 80,40, and 30 so memories wouldn't be of
much help.
I have a 350 foot center fed, 175 foot center fed, 80/40 trap dipole, and a
Butternut vertical for 80/40/30/.
I've found that the Dentron MT-3000A is the best tuner for all these
antennas with the Ameritron AL-1500. No arcing in this baby and so far I can
beat the tune-up time of the LDG-1000 I had here to test!
George