Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe and Jupiter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe and Jupiter
From: jerome schatten <romers@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:35:11 -0800
Dave Tipton wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience using HRD with their Jupiters, and what were
> your thoughts?  Free vs $55 then $45 per year, makes me want to investigate.
>
>   Newcomer to the list, so sorry if this is a subject that has already been
> beaten to death.
>
>   Thanks,
> Dave, W3DMT

Dave... I always found HRD quirky and bloated with features I don't use
while missing those I do use. The N4PY software adds lots of features
that are not available from the front panel, and is full of the stuff I
do use.

You don't have to pay $45 bucks a year; what you paid for keeps running
forever. If you want the upgrades, that's a different story.

You can try the N4PY software free for 10 days -- what a deal. Then you
can make up your mind.

Best,
jerome va7vv