[TenTec] Another Odyssey

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Another Odyssey
From: William <wjsmorrison@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 03:55:43 -0800
You may recall from your literature courses the saga of Jason and the
Argonauts. Well let me tell you, I am just as anxious as those ancient
Greeks to see the end of my Odyssey.  My Argonaut has been in the Great
Smokey Mountains since January 9th and is now on board the good ship FedEx.
Hopefully it will have not as many trials as the original Argonauts on its
journey back to Canada.

Today the invoice arrived, so I have shelled out sufficient Drachmas, likely
converted to U.S. funds and eagerly await the sound of the doorbell.  I just
know that the customs and excise branch will want their pound of flesh and I
will have to battle with them to prove that I have already paid import
duties once--quite enough, thank-you.

In my previous posts, I detailed the problems on receive that were
significantly degrading performance.  Any strong signal would appear
multiple times all across a band, general coverage and broadcast signals
came in as wide as the tuning on a crystal set.  Various solutions were
suggested and tried and Ten Tec, when contacted, had no other advice besides
a request to send it to them.

They have now replaced the RF board, aligned, tuned, checked, upgraded and
shipped my cool little rig.  A new, almost full wave 80m loop antenna
awaits, a new Kent dual key ( straight and iambic paddle ) is ready to be
plugged in, the latest version of Ham Radio Deluxe and the Elecraft T1
antenna tuner are poised to make things happen.

I hope the doorbell rings soon.

Cheers,

Bill
VE7BER