[TenTec] Orion CW keying with v 2.054 & 2.055 using Acom 2000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion CW keying with v 2.054 & 2.055 using Acom 2000
From: KZ5D@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 18:35:14 EST
Since I have loaded the new v2.05x software, there is something weird going
on. The Orion keys the Acom fine on 20 and higher. But on 40 through 160 when I
hit the key, the Acom goes into "Arc Fault" mode and shuts down.

Seem like some of the code is different between the low bands and high bands.

Yes, the SWR is fine on low band antennas. Orion works fine barefoot.

This is definitely a keying problem.

I opted for the simple amp keying line. I use Amp 1 Out with Ext T/R Delay at
20%. I don't use the QSK keying loop.

However, I did connect the Acom through the Keying Loop 1, using both TX Out
/ TX En1 and connecting to Key in/Key out at the Acom.

Same problem. Will not work on low bands.

This was not a problem with the 1.372.

Went to the site to try to download the old firmware but I can't get to it.

Suggestons?

Thanks.

de Art KZ5D