[TenTec] Orion 2.055 problem?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 2.055 problem?
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:26:41 -0800
On 2 separate occasions this weekend I've had the receiver in my Orion lose
sensitivity when working split and using the amplifier.  Tonight I was on 40
metres SSB listening 7.094 and transmitting 7.184 MHz.  I called KH7X and
when the receiver came back the signal had dropped.  It had dropped
significantly!  It came right back up as soon as I turned off the amplifier.

I cycled the amplifier on and off but the problem remained.  I cycled the
Orion and presto the amplifier no longer degraded the signal.  I transmitted
split again and could not duplicate the problem?

Both receivers were in LSB and other parameters were as they had been for
several hours.  The amp is a Ten-Tec Hercules II and the Orion is running
2.055 with keying loop #1 is on.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Any thoughts?

73,

Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk