[TenTec] Observatons

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Observatons
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:55:15 -0500
<<<Unfortunately us OII owners are STUCK. we can not go back to 1.XXX at all.

TT - I ran Orion on 1.371 and was pretty darn pleased. I am not very  happy
with OII at this time as compared to Orion 1.371.

Lee. KC9CDT>>>>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lee brings up an interesting point which has crossed my mind recently.  The
owners of the O1 (Classic Orion) are in a great position to use the version of
firmware they think is best,  whether it is from the1.xxx series or releases of
from the 2.xxx releases.

It could be that a year down the road the differences between the two version
of firmware will become blurred as 2.xxx begins to get polished off enough to
be as good as the 1.xxx firmware.

But right now it is no contest from an operational point of view that the 1.xxx
 firmware is indeed better whether the 2.0 firmware is on the Classic Orion or
the O2.  This is a point that could be argued by owners of the new O2,  but
those of you who have been able to compare the firmware versions two side by
side can see and hear the difference.

The big "IF" in all this is "can" TT bring 2.0 up to speed quickly or is it
going to take a year of two? Are owners of the O2 in for a two or three year
stint like the Classic Orion owners experienced?  I hope not,  as we will all
benefit from rapid embellishment of the new 2.0 firmware for both rigs.

Toby  W4CAK