[TenTec] Version 2.056

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Version 2.056
From: "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:49:32 -0500
I have installed 2.056 in my Orion I and it is working well.  I have not
seen any comments from anyone other than saying it was on the web site and
what the changes were.

I botched the board mod when I tried to do it.  I realized my eyes and
fingers don't work as well as they used to and today's circuit boards are
much more delicate than years ago when we built with tubes and then printed
circuit boards.  I returned the computer board to Ten-Tec and my mess was
not really bad and they were able to apply the mod with out any trouble.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to do it is to be sure that you are using
about a #22 wire or smaller as someone else also mentions on the reflector.

When I got the board back, it had 2.055X3 installed.  Some things did not
seem to work as I expected, but the display is really nice now.  As soon as
I saw on the reflector that 2.056 was available, I downloaded and installed
it.  Now everything is working very well.  Has anyone else seen 2.055X3?  I
wonder what it was.  That is what was used by TT to test the board after the
mod.

73,
John
           <\