Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 updates

To: "TenTec List" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 565 updates
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:28:59 -0800
You may be right Lee a full alignment and 24 hour burn-in while it's in
Sevierville would be great, however, at this time return shipping to TN from
Canada would likely cost much more than the service at Ten-Tec.  BUT the
only item suggesting a re-alignment in Tommy's list is:

    Updated and realigned Synthesizer Board (1)#30650, (1) 30652.

The more obvious items that I would anticipate are fairly straight forward
would be:

   A) Updated Headphones Circuit  (2) 30120
   B) Added RF Filter to Mic Cable (1)#81893
   C) Added FSK Mod and CW Jack Insulator to Rear Panel Connector Board.
(1)#30150

Item (A) is likely a change of a couple of parts on a board and might not be
trivial.  Item (B) might be as simple as the addition of a choke in the mic
cable?  Item (C) has the FSK mod for early Orions (already posted) but what
is the CW Jack Insulator?  With some of the other mods there's the
possibility I'd look at the size of the surface mount parts on the boards
and shake my head.

This morning I approached Ten-Tec to see if they might be able to provide
more information on these mods and updates.

73,
Rick
VE7TK