Re: [TenTec] Roof filters (N4PY and KC9CDT)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Roof filters (N4PY and KC9CDT)
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:22:53 -0500
It's pretty clear from the graphs that there is 2 different filter centering
algorithms going on.  The main receiver is using the normal scheme where in
SSB the bottom of the filter is set at 200 hertz and the top ends up at 200
+ the filter BW.
The sub-receiver is just putting the center of each filter at 1500 hertz.
So to make them sound the same, you would have to use PBT to move the
sub-receiver lower end passband to 200 hertz.  This would be a variable
amount depending on the filter selected.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635