[TenTec] Rx-320 as beacon receiver?

To: "INTERNET:tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rx-320 as beacon receiver?
From: Darrel Emerson <74010.2230@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:48:37 -0500
I use a RX320 to monitor the NCDXF beacons for most of the
time. I find BeaconSee to be the most convenient software
for this - it already knows how to control an RX320, and many
other rigs.  BeaconSee gives a very convenient waterfall-like
display simultaneously on all the NCDXF beacons on all or
whichever of the 5 DX bands you want to monitor. I use an
old 200 MHz computer, which also drives a Pegasus with
N4PY software at the same time. It is very interesting to see
which bands are open to which part of the world at different times.
The PC clock needs to be set accurately (a second or better),
but there's plenty of software around that can take care of that.
  There is other software around that does the same thing,
but BeaconSee is my favorite.
            73,
                   Darrel, aa7fv.