Re: [TenTec] Questions about NR i.e. Orion

To: <k6kdk@k6kdk.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Questions about NR i.e. Orion
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:03:10 -0500
Incidentally, I also have professional experience with adaptive noise
elimination.

I agree completely with the comments below.  Has nothing to do with
bandwidth as measured on a scope.

Obviously, we all know narrow filters help - a lot !

But in software, with enough processor, one can simply delete bits which are
noise bits, and leave in bits which are signal bits.  Then go through D to A
and one reconstructs the original signal, minus the noise.   Bandwidth
having nothing to do with it.

This works exceptionally well.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ