Re: [TenTec] Orion Aux Audio output

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Aux Audio output
From: <kw9t@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:44:31 -0500
RE: 566 Manual Part #74410 Items (44) Main AF Encoder and (45) sub AF
Encoder as they relate to Items (74) Line Out and (80) Aux I/O Pin 4

Was reported to ditsnbits@tentec.com and email received by Ten-Tec Software
Support 3/25/2006.

RE: 566 Manual Part #74410 Items (44) Main AF Encoder and (45) sub AF
Encoder as they relate to Items (74) Line Out and (80) Aux I/O Pin 4

The internal speaker and (78) ExtSpkr are working properly controlled by
(44) and (45).  However,  Muting and Volume Control (44) and (45) in the
latest firmware (v2.032) affect the Line Out as well as the speaker making
it  necessary to listen to the screeching when using the rig for digital
(PSK31).

 Line Out (Items (74) Line Out and (80) Aux I/O Pin 4) needs to be at a
continuous level as set by Menu/Other/LineOutSrc and
Menu/Other/LineOutLevel.

This appeared to work as it should on the Initial Production Release
Version 2.025, but I'm not sure when it changed.

Alan Hodel, KW9T
Newburg, Maryland