Re: [TenTec] Apartment antenna help

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Apartment antenna help
From: Randy Russe3ll <lord_russell53@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:46:52 -0800 (PST)
It sounds like the Maintenance guy would go for a very
thin wire if you could convince him (show him)it is
virtually invisible. The SGC remote tuner has a mfg.
suggested opiimuns length which I believe is around
30'.  I also bewlieve there is a yahoo group for
owners of that tuner that could probally really help.
String up a thread somewhere and ask the supervisor to
spot it
to illustrate no one is even goin  to know it's there.
I gaurantee you, three stories up 328 isn't spotable
and less you know where to look.  To encrease it's
invisibility. Take a can of mid-tone grey or blue grey
spray paint(non reflective).  Lay the wire out flat,
and once every foot or two give it a stroke of paint.
just a i inch strip.  This will break up the linear
pattern or "outline" of the wire.  Basic camo
technique and after doing that, NO one's seeing it.
(OR) Run a 1" copper flashing strip on top of the roof
as the radiating element (or even just a wire), that
will get you away from what ever is in the house
walls. You could run  #28 just off the surface or
along the roof's ridge peak an inch in the air and
completely stealth.