[TenTec] Ten-Tec First Contact!!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec First Contact!!
From: AI4DQ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:16:51 EST
Well, I did it after being around Ham radio 36 years or so. I Just Purchased
My First Ten-Tec radio And I have to say I am very Pleased to be able to
purchase an American company Radio For a change.

I have owned a few Of the Big Three and Lots of OLD ones Seems Like there our
not too many that can hold up To the performance Standard that I have seen so
far with the Orion II .

Yet I was taken back By the lack of respect for this very unique radio on the
reflector. Certainly by watching this reflector nobody talks about the radio
other than bitching about its faults. I guess you never owned a new MarkV or
Icom.

The thing that made me try The Orion is the ability to update the radio over
the Web there our not many radios that have made it more convenient to upgrade
and improve the radio yet I will be the first to admit its not perfect and
its is quality Built radio with better performance then radios costing twice
the
price.

Also Just Bought the new 709A and its a wonderful Mic great audio has been
preferred over my Heil PR-40 By many and the best thing its uses the Heil 4 pin
connector meaning all those Heil cables can be used with this Mic and at 68.00
you better Buy a couple its a sweet sounding Mic.

I watch the reflector hopefully someone will talk about something that I can
learn about using on my new Orion II .

In the mean Time I pity the guys that can longer see the good things That
Ten-Tec has done for our Hobby. Without them raising the Bar on radio receiver
performance do you think Icom would improved the 7800 Roofing Filters.

Hope I made my Point it just my opinion!

Certainly with feedback from groups like this with reporting common problems
the factory could quickly detect common problems

And if the reflector can focus on the purpose improving the experience.and
reporting glitches to the factory, we just the may get improvements Quicker !

I would like to hear more about the Orion II and less about SDR radios and
such or maybe its their reflector I need to join to hear how great the Orion
has
been.

73

Ah yes let apologize in advanced for the people that English and Grammar whiz
I am not. After all  I am just Ham radio operator
Who Loves his new Orion II

Phil Zavagli    AI4DQ    Louisville KY.