Re: [TenTec] battery life

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] battery life
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:40:28 EST

In a message dated 3/31/2006 5:05:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
k3miy@csonline.net writes:

Hello  Bob and Group

I have used TEnTec rigs and battery power for about ten  years, so the
following observations might be relevant.
The rigs were  the Scout at 50 watts, and the Argonaut V at 20 watts. The
batteries were  33 A\h gel SLA, a good weight\power density ratio. In all
cases, regardless  of rig, the 33 A\h batteries maintained a fairly constant
voltage over
a  12 hour period. The change would be .3 volt at most. I wonder if  running
the Orion at reduced power (CW 5 to 30 watts)
would be suitable?  Also, I would like to know your thoughts on using
batteries in parallel  with power supply
as a voltage regulator\charger? Interesting post; thanks  for any comments

Ron
K3MIY