Re: [TenTec] Orion II AT tuner question

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II AT tuner question
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:32:09 -0600
> So an easy test is to tune the tuner on a band such as 10
> meters, and then listen on another band without tuning.
> After determining relative strength of some signals, then
> tune the tuner and see if things pick up.

I posted earlier that MDS did not appear to be affected on any other band
when the tuner was tuned elsewhere.  Those tests were run with the tuner
tuned up on 80M and 40M.

I just ran the same test with the tuner "tuned" to 28.0 Mhz.  HP 8640B
signal generator, Daven 651 Step Attenuator, HP3400A True RMS voltmeter.
AGC off, tuner enabled, yada.

MDS on 1.8, 3.5, 7.0, 10.1, 14.0, 24.0, and 28.0 Mhz was -128 dB (plus or
minus meter wiggle) across the board.

Grant/NQ5T