Re: [TenTec] "The Bug" a/k/a Orion II Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "The Bug" a/k/a Orion II Audio
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 19:11:24 EDT
Sorry you guys really don't understand what is going on here. The Orion is a
special animal, not a standard run of the mill rag chew radio that you just
turn on & use. (And take what you get, and if there is an issue it does not get
fixed!).

We are discussing positive and negative about Orion and all issues to better
understand where the problems are, and to work together to 1) understand what
is going on, 2) see if someone found a way around it, 3) to be sure we sent an
accurate report to DitsnBits regarding firmware issues.

It's part of getting in the SDR arena. We all expected a certain amount of
these problems, and are trying to get them resolved over time by working
together to define them & report them.

It's not for everyone, there are many other choices.

If we did not beleive in Orion long term, WE WOULD NOT have one.
Meanwhile, we enjoy them, but strive for the issues being discussed to be
solved.

I use mine every day.

When you see a post on Orions, just hit delete. It's easy.
73,
Lee, KC9CDT