Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales
From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:41:11 -0400
Sounds like a "convenient excuse" to me.  If he didn't want to buy the rig,
he should have just said so.

Bottom line is, the Orion & Orion II are not for everyone.  I've had many
opportunities since he acquired it to play with W3WH's Orion, and in a
contest situation, I'd love to have that rig in front of me.  But for day to
day operating?  I'll take Bill's Corsair II any day.  Why?  Because for my
style of operating, the Corsair II is the right fit -- the Orion just has so
much that I don't normally need or use in a non-contest situation that it's
simply wasted.

That's not a knock on the O or O2, just the reality of my style of
operating.  YMMV, VWPBL(ST).

73, ron wn3vaw